- Call to Order and Confirmation of Quorum
~11:56 AM — President Cheryl Frees-Yvega called to order the RCPOA Member Business Meeting at the Oakmont Country Club.
The Acting Secretary announced that a quorum has been achieved.
- Introduction of Board Members
~11:57 AM — President Cheryl Frees-Yvega presented.
- Treasurer’s Financial Report
~12:04 AM — Treasurer Richard Lee presented.
- Nominating Committee Report and Election of Directors
~12:06 AM — Nominating Committee member Leanne Reynolds presented.
- The Nominating Committee Report is attached.
- Directors whose terms expire today: Cheryl Frees-Yvega, Armine Hacopian, Richard Lee, Wendy Myers, Tina Parsegian, and Beth Volpe.
Motion by Leanne Reynolds: “I move that the members of this Association elect Cheryl Frees-Yvega, Armine Hacopian, Richard Lee, Wendy Myers, Tina Parsegian, and Beth Volpe each to a two-year term on the Board of Directors.”
Seconded and carried.
- Highlights from 2016 Neighborhood Watch and Crime Prevention Activities
~12:08 AM — President Cheryl Frees-Yvega presented.
Cheryl discussed the following Issues and Activities related to neighborhood crime and community involvement:
Nextdoor.com and how it has come to be used by some neighbors to post photographs and information about suspicious activities and individuals.
Due to this we often hear about neighborhood crime in real time.
- June meeting with the GPD Crime Impact Team after two hot prowl burglaries.
- Revamped Neighborhood Watch program.
- We encourage our neighbors to sign up for Nextdoor.com, CrimeMapping.com alerts and to join our email distribution list, which we use to send out crime alerts as needed.
- December meeting at at the Glendale Police Community Center with the GPD Crime Impact Team, attended by adjacent neighborhoods as well.
- Creation of a Neighborhood Security Committee, chaired by Board member Armine Perian.
- New Neighborhood Watch pages on the RCPOA website.
Because of the aforementioned efforts, we have been able to supply the GPD with video footage of people breaking into cars, people stealing packages from porches, etc.
In some cases, GPD was able to catch the criminals and connect them to the crimes.
- Neighbors are looking out for each other more, we’re getting to know each other more, and we’re actively involved in seeking solutions that could work for our neighborhood.
- Adjournment of Member Business Meeting
~12:12 AM — President Cheryl Frees-Yvega adjourned the RCPOA Member Business Meeting.
City Council Candidates Forum Program to follow.