- Call to Order and Confirmation of Quorum
~3:44 PM — President Cheryl Frees-Yvega called to order the RCPOA Member Business Meeting at the home of home of Lyn Foster & Glenn Webb.
The Secretary announced that a quorum has been achieved.
- Introduction of Board Members
~3:45 PM — President Cheryl Frees-Yvega presented.
- Cheryl briefly described what each of the directors do and thanked departing directors Lyn Foster and Bruce Hinckley.
- Cheryl announced the sad news of the passing this morning of Barbara Mastro — our dear friend, neighbor, and Parliamentarian on the RCPOA Board of Directors.
- Special recognition and appreciation:
- Stephanie Schus, Chair of the RCPOA Interest Groups Committee.
- Paula Devine, Glendale City Council Member and former Mayor.
Greg Grammer, President of the Glendale Historical Society.
Cheryl announced Greg’s news that the Civic Auditorium has been listed on the California Register of Historic Resources.
- Treasurer’s Financial Report
~3:52 PM — Treasurer Richard Lee presented.
- The Treasurer’s Report is attached.
- Thanks to the fine efforts of the Board, all five events in 2017 were executed at a net loss of only $52.56.
- Total income: $6,297.89
- Total expenses: $4,242.89
- Balance at the beginning of 2017: $19,808.69
- Balance at the end of 2017: $21,811.13
- Nominating Committee Report and Election of Directors
~3:55 PM — Nominating Committee Chair John Wolff presented.
- Directors whose terms expire today: Lyn Foster, Bruce Hinckley, Barbara Mastro, Armine Perian, John Wolff, and Todd Yvega.
- Of the directors whose terms expire today, the following will not be running for another term: Lyn Foster, Bruce Hinckley, and Barbara Mastro.
- The Board thanks the retiring directors for their years of tireless service.
- After careful consideration of several candidates, the nominating committee recommends the following nominees: Richard Blasco, Byron Hibdon, and Brad Nelson.
Motion by John Wolff: “I move that the members of this Association elect Richard Blasco, Byron Hibdon, Bruce Hinckley, Brad Nelson, Armine Perian, John Wolff, and Todd Yvega each to a two-year term on the Board of Directors.”
Seconded and carried unanimously.
- Highlights from 2017
~3:59 PM — President Cheryl Frees-Yvega presented.
January: Creation of a Neighborhood Security Committee.
Several initiatives under way.
Two meetings in 2017 with the Glendale Police Department.
- February: RCPOA held the first City Council Candidates Forum of the election season.
May: Family Picnic held earlier than usual (while kids are still in school) to increase attendance.
We’ll probably continue hosting it in May going forward.
August: National Night Out.
A great way to meet your neighbors, Police and Fire Department personnel and City Council members.
- September: Summer Social at the Bohman home.
- All throughout the year the Interest Groups have brought our neighbors closer together.
- Looking Forward
~4:01 PM — President Cheryl Frees-Yvega presented.
- Berdj Karapetian, Executive Committee Chairman of the Armenian American Museum, requests input from residents regarding their plans at the new location.
Glendale Community College has a new Director of Communications and Community Relations, Drew Sugars.
Mr. Sugars has reached out wishing to partner with the neighborhood.
GCC has a new Culinary Arts Program.
There is an opportunity for students to gain experience catering RCPOA events.
- Events and programs at the College’s Planetarium.
- Help with the blockage of the right turn lane due to parking in front of St. Gregory Armenian Catholic Church.
- RCPOA’s 50th anniversary in 2019.
- Adjournment of Member Business Meeting
~4:03 PM — The Chair adjourned the RCPOA Member Business Meeting.
Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Program to follow.