Location: Home of Director Helena Seltzer
8 Directors Present: John Wolff, Helena Seltzer, Nick Friesen, Mary Ann Prelock, Leanne Reynolds, Richard Lee, Dan Cabrera, Ken Cartwright
Meeting called to order by President Dan Cabrera at 7:00 PM.
1. First Annual Picnic Recap
2. Summer Social
3. Web Site
4. Royal Boulevard Palms
Per R. Lee:
1. 70-75 people attended picnic held on July 17.
2. 65 paid for lunch.
3. 4 new membership sign ups.
Comments to be considered when planning next years picnic:
1. Timing not to be so close to the Summer Party & Social.
2. Begin advertising earlier.
3. Need someone to organize games.
4. Get more "freebies" to award as prizes.
5. Invite other organizations to be present to provide more reasons for people to attend; i.e., the Red Cross, or the Department. Of Recreation and Parks.
6. Signs and advertising to include a map and parking directions.
7. Check for availability of a clown and other activities for small children.
Summer Party & Social: Sunday, August 21 from 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
1. R. Lee will bring drinks.
D. Cabrera will bartend first (5:30 PM - 6:30 PM)
2. Leanne Reynolds will put out a flyer.
3. Deadline for reservations: August 17.
1. J. Wolff has done a great job establishing the web site.
2. He will be adding a page of paid memberships by address.
3. Photos of the picnic are now on the web site: http://www.rcpoa.net
Royal Canyon Boulevard Palms:
Dan Cabrera will meet with Deborah Day, Glendale Urban Forester, to continue close communication regarding the City's plans for maintaining/removing/replacing the palms.