ROYAL CANYON PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
REGULAR BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, MAY 12, 2014
- Call to Order
Parliamentarian Barbara Mastro called to order the regular meeting of the RCPOA Board of Directors at 7:10 PM on Monday, May 12 at the home of Director John Wolff.
- Roll Call
- Directors present
- Cheryl Frees-Yvega, Bruce Hinckley, Richard Lee, Barbara Mastro, Wendy Myers, Armine Perian, Beth Volpe, John Wolff, Todd Yvega.
- Directors absent
- Lyn Foster, Armine Hacopian, Leanne Reynolds, Stephanie Schus.
- Note taker
- Armine Perian.
- Approval of Minutes From the Previous Regular Board Meeting
The minutes of the March 10 regular Board meeting had not been distributed prior to this meeting.
Secretary Armine Perian read the minutes aloud.
Motion to approve the minutes as read.
- Open Issues
- Treasurer’s Report
Treasurer Richard Lee presented.
- Refer to the attached Treasurer’s Report.
- Cash account: $19,480.96
Membership at 216.
(It was 169 last year this time.)
Motion by Todd Yvega to approve the Financial Report presented by the Treasurer.
Seconded by Bruce Hinckley.
Motion carried unanimously.
- Membership Committee Report
Vice President and Membership Committee Chair Wendy Myers presented.
- 216 members.
Wendy expects to increase membership at the upcoming RCPOA Family Picnic.
Will set up a sign-up table.
- Newsletter Report
Director Beth Volpe presented on behalf of Newsletter Committee Chair Lyn Foster.
- Advertising — recommend to insert into Newsletter.
- Picnic Committee Report
Social Committee Chair Cheryl Frees-Yvega presented.
- June 21 Saturday.
- Luau theme.
- Co-chair: Gina Vadurro Seifert.
- Plan on an ugly Hawaiian shirt contest.
- Menu: chicken, veggies skewers with teriyaki sauce.
- Will have cupcake baking contest.
- Will not do moon bounce, have face painter instead.
- Needs from board — gift card donations, prefer cash.
- Asking Richard and Wendy to sit at registration table.
- Advertise for picnic in Newsletter, constant contact and next door.
- Free to members.
- John suggests a bell or triangle to get attention for announcements.
- Items for raffle — purchased from board donations.
- Request for Leanne to approach Mori for donation.
- Need volunteers for set-up, clean-up.
- Plan to serve shaved ice.
- National Night Out Committee Report
National Night Out Committee Co-chairs Beth Volpe and Bruce Hinckley presented.
- Event will occur Tuesday, August 5.
- Kick-off meeting will be held Wednesday, May 21 at the home of Director Beth Volpe.
- Pending: Determining participating properties.
- Beth has reached out to the food trucks.
- Plan to solicit for sponsorship.
- Director Cheryl Frees-Yvega volunteered for first shift at sign-up table.
- Past President Dan Cabrera to work the neighborhood watch table.
- Web Site Report
Web Master Todd Yvega presented.
- Nothing out of the ordinary to report — routine posting of calendar events, web flyers and postings for upcoming events, membership roster, The Sentinel PDF, Real Estate Update, etc.
- Interest Groups Report
- Director Barbara Mastro gave an update on the Gardening Group.
Director Beth Volpe gave an update on the Gourmet Cooking Group.
Upcoming July 4th utensil free chuck wagon.
Previous event theme: Romance.
Director Wendy Myers gave an update on the Book Discussion Group.
Very flexible schedule and selections.
Alternate between fiction and non-fiction.
- New Business
- Area Yard/Garage Sale
(Presenter not recorded)
Area Yard/Garage Sale Committee Chair Dan Cabrera decided to postpone the sale due to low participation.
The postponement date has not yet been decided.
In previous years the sale was held in October.
- Refunds have been offered.
- The Board extends special appreciation to Dan.
- Todd suggested to host the sale every other year instead of annually because perhaps only one year after the last sale people haven’t yet accumulated enough that they would feel the need to have another sale.
Parliamentarian Barbara Mastro adjourned the meeting at approximately 8:45 PM.
Armine Perian, Secretary (ed. TY)