- Treasurer’s Report
Treasurer Richard Lee presented.
- Refer to attached financial report.
- Membership = 258.
- Neighborhood Yard/Garage Sale financial summary – Refer to attached report.
Update to 2014 budget – Refer to attached budget.
$1500 over budget.
- Roughly broke even on most of events.
March meeting – to review estimated budget.
Board members requested to submit anticipated expenses to Richard prior March meeting.
- Financial report approved unanimously.
- Recap of Neighborhood Yard/Garage Sale
Neighborhood Yard/Garage Sale Committee member Stephanie Schus presented.
- Successful event.
- Refer to attached Yard Sale survey results.
- Suggestion of additional advanced publicity, such as listing in Calendar of the Glendale News Press.
- Annual Member Meeting Planning
Social Committee Chair Cheryl Frees-Yvega presented.
- Candidates Forum for 2 Glendale City Council seats.
- Suggest to keep at $30/person.
- Market as “admission fee is $30” and board will not pay for candidates.
- Cheryl and Armine Hacopian will Co-Chair the Social Committee.
Location – Oakmont Country Club.
Decision for MC and moderator.
John Wolff to form committee for selection and moderating.
John to reach out to Armine Hacopian.
- 2015 Membership Drive
Membership Committee Chair Wendy Myers presented.
- Wendy suggested to send a separate letter for membership in addition to Newsletter.
- Keep dues at $20.
- Plan to send out membership letter before Newsletter (between Xmas & New Year).
- Newsletter to be delivered approximately 1/5/15.
- Todd Yvega volunteered to help with the letter.
- Newsletter Report
Newsletter Committee Chair Lyn Foster presented.
Lyn passed around a preview of the upcoming newsletter featuring a new name and a redesigned masthead.
- Place envelopes and inserts with newsletter for membership application and renewal.
- Lyn requested that anyone having photos of the Neighborhood Yard/Garage Sale photos send them to her for possible use in the newsletter.
- Stephanie Schus to provide an article summarizing the coyote/wildlife program held on 10/14/14 (RCPOA’s first single topic program).
- The new Neighborhood Watch Committee Chair Greg Andrews is to have space in the newsletter to report Neighborhood Watch status.
- Interest Groups Report
Interest Groups Committee Chair Stephanie Schus presented.
- Current groups all continue to meet regularly.
New group proposed by a resident – Hiking.
13 residents indicated interest.
Suggestion for photography group by another resident will be pursued by Stephanie.
Cheryl noted that a member(s) of this group might then photograph RCPOA events.
- Web Site Report
Webmaster Todd Yvega presented.
- Raffi Saroyan has offered to help with the website.
- Routine Maintenance.
- Neighborhood Watch
President Leanne Reynolds presented.
- Greg Andrews officially on-board as Neighborhood Watch Committee Chair.
- Goal: Organize in Q1 meeting with homeowners and police force.
- Need a Neighborhood Watch Captain on Greenbriar Road.
- By-Law Revision Committee Report
By-Law Revision Committee member Stephanie Schus presented.
Approved 2 proposed revised by-laws at our last Board meeting for presentation at the Annual Meeting.
Not yet approved is a revision to the quorum requirement.
- Refer to attached report.
To help achieve a quorum at annual meetings John Wolff motioned to produce a proxy notice to be mailed to all existing members to solicit vote for by-law changes and any new business before the annual meeting.
Include return envelope with separate mailing.
- Open for discussion:
- Would have to do this every year moving forward.
Seconded by Cheryl Frees-Yvega.
5 in favor, 6 opposed, 1 abstention.
Motion not carried.
- Motion by Armine Hacopian to add language to the membership application stating that in lieu of opting out absent members at the annual meeting are granting officers (President & Secretary) proxy voting rights.
Second by Leanne Reynolds with option of legal authority refinement.
9 in favor, 3 opposed.
- Nominating Committee Report
Nominating Committee Chair John Wolff presented.
Six directors’ terms will expire at the annual meeting.
They are Cheryl Frees-Yvega, Armine Hacopian, Richard Lee, Wendy Myers, Stephanie Schus, and Beth Volpe.
Stephanie Schus has chosen not to run for re-election.
All others indicated that they wish to serve for another term on the Board.
- Board to appoint 2 current Board members to serve on the Nominating Committee.
- The 2015 Nominating Committee will consist of three past Presidents: Mary Ann Prelock, Dan Cabrera, John Wolff; and two current Board members: Armine Hacopian, Todd Yvega.